Athlone, Co. Westmeath N37 E671
Court Devenish House
Court Devenish Ln
Athlone Co. Westmeath N37 NF77
Sunday 10:00 am (check monthly bulletin below to verify)
Mon - Sat 11:00 am
1st Fri 6:30 pm only
1st Thurs NO MASS
Confessions - 30 minutes before Mass (Sun & 1st Sat)
Rosary - 10:30 am Sun
This Month's Bulletin
November 1st FEAST OF ALL SAINTS – 6.30 pm Low Mass
November 2nd Feast of All Souls – 8 am – 8.30 am – 11 am
November 3rd XXI Sunday after Pentecost – 10 am Low Mass
November 10th XXII Sunday after Pentecost – 10 am Sung Mass
November 17th XXIII Sunday after Pentecost – 10 am Low Mass
November 24th Last Sunday after Pentecost – 10 am Sung Mass
Mission Sunday Sunday 27 October. The second collection will be for the missions in Kenya.
Masses for the deceased – if you’d like any deceased souls to be remembered at the altar for the month of November, please take an envelope from the porch. Return the envelope with a list of names and an offering.
Correspondence Catechism – the new superior of the GBIS district, Fr Robert Brucciani, is encouraging parents to enrol their children in the catechism program organised by the SSPX Sisters. As catechism classes at the church are few and far between, this is a great aid in helping parents fulfill their duty to catechise their children. Go to fsspx.ie and register your children online.
Rosary Rota (9.30 am Sunday)
Sunday 3rd Mr Gavin Sherry
Sunday 10th Mr Michael Solimanto
Sunday 17th Mr Gerard Brady
Sunday 24th Mr Gerry Buckley
Formerly St. Peter's Church of Ireland, it was built in 1840 to the design of Joseph Welland (1789-1860). He was an architect to the Board of First Fruits and subsequently to the Ecclesiastical Commisioners for the ecclesiastical province of Tuam until 1837. From 1843 until his death in 1860 he had sole responsibility for the whole country. The site for the church was a gift fom Colonel Owen Lloyd, who was later buried in the churchyard.
St. Peter's functioned as a church until the amalgamation of the parish with St. Mary's in 1941. After its closure the memorial tablets from the interior walls were removed to St Mary's Church of Ireland on Church Street. Eight of them commemorated military men and one was to an organist. It was then used as a church hall and then later as a warehouse.
Since 1992 it has served as Corpus Christi Church, a church of the Society of St Pius X where the traditional Latin Mass is celebrated.